
July 18, 2009
Last night I participated in a worldwide event called Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photowalk. There were over 30,000 photographers of all skill levels that met in groups of 50 in over 900 cities around the world. Many cities like Seattle had multiple gatherings, each meeting in a different location around the city.
Our location was Fremont, which includes such notable characters as the Fremont Troll (above) and a statue of Lenin, previously displayed in Poprad, Czechoslovakia. We strolled down to the canal that leads to the Ballard locks, shot the rocket that commemorates Fremont being discovered to be the center of the universe. We shot the Fremont Library building and wandered past the statue of JP Patches and his sidekick Gertrude along with several other quirky Fremont locations.
The one thing I did not like about the event was my own fault. I am generally a pretty quiet guy (my kids might not always agree with that assessment), but it's true and I have a tough time being gregarious in group settings. So, true to form I did not really talk to anyone and therefore did not enjoy the event as much as I had hoped. I am going to have to continue to work on that.
All in all though it was interesting and maybe I'll try it again next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment