Monday, October 19, 2009

This week...

Wow! I spent the week in Massachusetts, Connecticut and New York and didn't take a single picture. Sometimes it happens that way. I had all my camera gear with me and I saw a lot of beautiful trees (Fall is in full bloom in the Northeast), but I just wasn't in the right place to stop due to a busy work schedule. Jenna, Tim and I took a very nice drive on some back-roads near where they live and it caused me to learn something about my ability to stop and jump out of the car to get that incredible shot. I need to be driving. Apparently, my brain-to-foot communication (to hit the brakes) works faster than my brain-to-mouth communication (to tell Jenna to stop). I saw a few nice spots, but couldn't pull the trigger on stopping so we just had a nice drive.

After I left Massachusetts I was in various cars with various salesmen from my company so I couldn't really suggest taking time to stop and take pictures between sales calls. We drove all through Massachusetts, Connecticut and the southern part of New Hampshire and the trees were tremendous. Apparently not as good this year as years past, but when you live in the land of Evergreens any color looks pretty cool. We have to plan an actual vacation back there soon. It's great to get back there for free, but it also limits the free time you have to do anything fun.

I did have a very good pizza in new haven Connecticut though. Andy took me to a place called Frank Pepe that has been around since 1941! Huge brick oven and great pizza. I would recommend you try it out if you are ever in New Haven for an evening.

Next... it's off to Florida and hopefully a few more pictures this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment