
February, 2011
One more time I made my way around the world stopping in Singapore, Beirut, Dubai (first time there) and London. I did not get out much in Singapore, but in Beirut we visited the Jeita Grotto again. An interesting couple of separate but interconnected karstic limestone caves that go back for miles. Unfortunately, they don't allow photos inside.
Off to Dubai where they try and out big everyone. Tallest building, biggest mall, etc. Did you know that over 75% of the residents of Dubai are foreigners?
On the way home I had a 9 hour layover in London so I hopped the Heathrow Express train to Paddington Station, then took the Underground to Trafalger Square and wandered around London a bit. It was early morning and the weather was beautiful. I saw a lot of the preparations for the big wedding, but was there a week too early and missed the actual event.
One more time I made my way around the world stopping in Singapore, Beirut, Dubai (first time there) and London. I did not get out much in Singapore, but in Beirut we visited the Jeita Grotto again. An interesting couple of separate but interconnected karstic limestone caves that go back for miles. Unfortunately, they don't allow photos inside.
Off to Dubai where they try and out big everyone. Tallest building, biggest mall, etc. Did you know that over 75% of the residents of Dubai are foreigners?
On the way home I had a 9 hour layover in London so I hopped the Heathrow Express train to Paddington Station, then took the Underground to Trafalger Square and wandered around London a bit. It was early morning and the weather was beautiful. I saw a lot of the preparations for the big wedding, but was there a week too early and missed the actual event.

No comments:
Post a Comment