
May 17, 2009
It's difficult sometimes to write about a trip since it they are always so centered around work. I would love to be able to travel more for pleasure or have more time to look around and enjoy the places I get to visit. However, on the bright side, I do get to visit places many people don't so I guess I just have to do a better job of getting myself out into the cities and countryside when I have the chance.
The most recent trip was to Singapore, Penang (Malaysia) and Hong Kong. I managed to get out and spend some time wandering around in all three cities this time. In Singapore I was treated to breakfast in the Arab District where we (two friends from work, Ali and Wang Ping, took me sight-seeing for the day) ate Prata which is a kind of pancake like food filled with various things. We had ours filled with chicken and egg as well as one filled with fish and egg. It came with curry sauce to dip or pour on top. It was pretty tasty. From there we went to the Singapore Flyer. It's the tallest "ferris wheel" in the world (at least until Dubai gets theirs built). The ride takes 30 minutes and you get a great view of the city from the top (550 feet up).
Eating Prata with Ali and Wang Ping
Did I mention we also got some fish therapy? It's apparently illegal here in the U.S., but it was pretty harmless. Tickles like crazy when you first put you feet in the water, but in the end it was pretty relaxing.


No comments:
Post a Comment