Monday, June 22, 2009

Mt St Helens


May 24, 2009
A couple of days after getting home from the Asia trip we took a ride down to Mt St Helens. As we left that morning it was fairly overcast, but with a promise of blue skies later in the day. I was hoping to get the clouds in the sky over the mountain, but the sky cleared sooner than I had hoped. It turned into an absolutely a beautiful day. Mt St Helens is pretty amazing even without the dramatic clouds, just not as dramatic as I was hoping for. Next time...

We also saw this truck on the way home from the mountain and I had to stop. I walked up to the house and nobody was home. I thought about just going out into the field without permission, but we were a little ways off the beaten path. Then I heard laughter and saw that it looked like the owners might be sitting over at the neighbor's house. They were and said it was OK to take a few pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment